Inglewood Park Cemetery
Inglewood Park Cemetery was created in 1905 by a group of business men at a time when the Centinela Valley was still just a small community of farms and country homes, and when funeral processions involved carts drawn by horse. Inglewood Cemetery’s first burial took place on July 20, 1906. Only 31 additional burials took place on the cemetery property that year – a fraction of the amount soon to come.
Inglewood Park Cemetery recognized the potential of affordable crypt interment and built the first community mausoleum in California during the year of 1913. Many of the Centinela Valley’s settlers, as well as Civil War veterans, now rest in that mausoleum on the Inglewood cemetery property. Since 1913 many more structures have been added allowing for many more affordable cemetery plots for those wishing to be entombed in the manner once reserved for only the very wealthy.
Built during the 30’s and running through the 60’s, The Mausoleum of the Golden West features beautiful stained glass depictions of California in its early days, and is considered one of the most impressive mausoleums ever constructed. After the Mausoleum of the Golden West was constructed another new mausoleum was begun on the property. The Manchester Garden Mausoleum was constructed in 1970, and contains over two dozen sanctuaries and halls, four chapels, a center Garden Chapel, and numerous cemetery plots.
Encouraged by the popularity of their previous successes, the Inglewood Park Cemetery property began yet another project. The Sunset Mission Mausoleum provides almost 30,000 cemetery plots – the largest in the nation.
The cemetery is currently developing a new project, the Garden of Chimes, which will provide even more burial options on the property, including family estates, lawn crypts, and cremation columbaria.
Inglewood Park Cemetery is well known for its beautiful cemetery property and excellent range of cemetery plots, so it is not surprise that it is one of Bayer Cemetery Brokers most serviced cemetery properties.